How to Get Rid of Blemishes?
Most of us suffer from blemishes at one time or another, but nobody actually enjoys it. The majority of skin blemishes come from acne, allergic reactions and over-exposure to the sun. We all would love to know of a safe and effective method to get rid of the ugly blemishes that draw attention and make us feel uncomfortably self-conscious, and leave us instead with clean, clear, attractive skin. Experts agree that the best way to clear up blemishes is with natural substances, since they aren’t accompanied by any adverse side effects. In this article, I’ll discuss a few methods of how to get rid of blemishes, as well as some substances that can help.
Improving the overall health of your skin is one of the best ways to get rid of blemishes quickly, and keep them away. Here are the the steps of a model skincare regimen:
- When you wake up in the morning, wash your face with a mild cleansing soap. This gets rid of dirt and grease which can lead to blemishes when they collect on your skin.
- Next, apply an astringent or a toner to reduce the size of your pores. After using the toner, make sure to moisturize your skin.
- Then, exfoliate your skin with a mild exfoliating scrub. Exfoliation gets rid of dead skin and other types of impurities that can block your pores and lead to acne. Be careful, however, not to scrub the skin too hard, since harsh exfoliation can damage your skin.
- If you’re going to be outside during the day, be sure to apply a generous amount of sunscreen on your skin. Sunlight makes blemishes appear darker, and sunburn is damaging to your skin.
- At night, wash your face again with the cleansing soap. Then before you go to bed, put on lacto calamine lotion, to soak up extra oil from your skin. It works quite well on blemishes.
Maintain a healthy diet
In addition to following a skincare regimen, it’s important to maintain a healthy diet, since the foods that you eat can have an effect on your skin. Include lots of fruits and vegetables that have high fiber, and a large amount of ginger and garlic, since they can act as natural antibiotics as well as preventing blemishes. Furthermore, make sure that you drink six to eight glasses of water per day, which will flush unhealthy toxins out of your system.
Natural Methods for Removing Blemishes
Next, I’ll discuss some readily available natural substances that can help get rid of skin blemishes. These include:
From ancient times to the present, this powder has long been used to treat skin problems. Form it into a thick paste by mixing the powder with water, and apply on any blemishes. Wait until it dries, and then wash it away with cold water. Because of sandalwood’s natural medicinal properties, this paste will serve to lighten blemishes very quickly if applied on a regular basis.
Honey has antibacterial properties which work wonders in getting rid of blemishes. Heat some honey in a bowl until it is lukewarm – but don’t let it get too hot, or you will be burned. For even better results, add some wheat germ to the bowl. Apply to mixture lightly to your skin. Leave it for about fifteen minutes, and then wash the skin first with warm and then with cold water.
Because lemon juice is a good bleaching agent, it can serve to lighten any blemishes you might have. Try several different combinations until you find the one that works the best for your skin. For example, you can mix the lemon juice with a few drops of water and apply it to the blemishes. Another method is to mix the juice with one teaspoon of sugar before putting it on any marks on your skin. For the darker spots, mix lemon juice and honey and apply. After you have put any of the mixtures on your spots or blemishes, leave it there for fifteen to twenty minutes before washing it off.
In order to make this, mash two or three strawberries with a fork, and add some vinegar. Then mix them into a thick paste and apply it to all the blemishes on your face. Let it dry, and then leave it on while you sleep. When you wake up next morning, wash the pack off your face and see how it has taken care of your blemishes while you slept.
Keep it clean
Keep your skin clean and healthy, and you will often find that unsightly marks and blemishes become a thing of the past. But if you have a hard time getting rid of them, don’t give up. Try these remedies today, and you too could have lovely, unblemished skin in the future.